- (grammar) A change in the form of a word to express different grammatical categories.
- an inflection for gender, number, or tense
- A change in pitch or tone of voice.
- If he's lying, his inflection changes.
- (mathematics) A change in curvature from concave to convex or from convex to concave.
- A turning away from a straight course.
- inflection from the rules
- (optometry) diffraction
change in the form of a word that reflects a change in grammatical function
change in pitch or tone of voice
change in curvature from concave to convex or from convex to concave
turning away from a straight course
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.