juncture (plural junctures)
- A place where things join, a junction.
- A critical moment in time.
- We're at a crucial juncture in our relationship.
- Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre
- What a mercy you are shod with velvet, Jane! a clodhopping messenger would never do at this juncture.
- (linguistics) The manner of moving (transition) or mode of relationship between two consecutive sounds; a suprasegmental phonemic cue, by which a listener can distinguish between two otherwise identical sequences of sounds that have different meanings.
In highly formal or bureaucratic language, "at this juncture" is often used as a fancy way of saying "now".
- I'm unable to ascertain its whereabouts at this juncture.
critical moment in time
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.