juncture (plural junctures)
- A place where things join, a junction.
- A critical moment in time.
- We're at a crucial juncture in our relationship.
- (linguistics) The manner of moving (transition) or mode of relationship between two consecutive sounds; a suprasegmental phonemic cue, by which a listener can distinguish between two otherwise identical sequences of sounds that have different meanings.
In highly formal or bureaucratic language, "at this juncture" is often used as a fancy way of saying "now".
- I'm unable to ascertain its whereabouts at this juncture.
Read in another language
This page is available in 17 languages