- look! there it is! (used to draw the listener's attention to something visible)
- lūk, kur arī tēvocis Andrejs! ― look! there is uncle Andrejs!
- un beidzot, lūk! tur nu viņa atkal nāca ― and finally, look: there she came back!
- lūk, te, te grāvim jāiet upē! ― look, here, here the ditch most go, in the river!
- here, here is..., here is what, you see... (used to draw the listener's attention to, or to emphasize, something said or written)
- jūs esat vesels un vairs pie mums slimnīcā neiegriezīsieties; lūk, tā ― you are healthy and will not come back to us in the hospital anymore; here, that's it.
- kā, ko darīt? audzināt lielus zēnus, lūk, ko ― what do you mean, what do we do? bring up the big boys, that's what!
- man, lūk, tāds untums: nevaru paciest, ka Mālniekos, kamēr man acis vaļa, nevalda kārtība ― I have, you see, one quirk: I can't tolerate, with my eyes open (i.e., while I watch), that there is no order in Mālnieki
- vai tās bija magones vai kādi citi ziedi, ir nesvarīgi tagad, svarīgi, lūk, kas: zieds paliek zieds, tam savā laikā sēklās jāpārtop ― whether those were poppy flowers or some other kind is not important now; here is what is important: a flower remain a flower, in due time it has to turn into seeds