- The study of all living things, especially their origins, evolution and interrelationships.
- The study of all natural phenomena: botany, zoology, mineralogy, etc.
- A treatise or similar work that summarizes the known facts of either of the above.
- (medicine) The progression of a medical condition in an individual.
study of the origins and evolution of all living things
study of all natural phenomena
progression of a medical condition
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.