- Able to be observed.
- The strange new star was at the edge of the observable universe.
- Deserving to be observed.
- Easter is an observable holiday.
able to be observed
deserving to be observed
observable (plural observables)
- (physics) Any physical property that can be observed and measured directly and not derived from other properties
- Temperature is an observable but entropy is derived.
- In quantum mechanics, observables correspond to Hermitian operators. Also, they act a lot like random variables. Taking their average one may recover something resembling a classical observable.
observable m, f (plural observables)