- (General American) IPA(key): /ɹɪˈmɑɹkəbl̩/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɹɪˈmɑːkəbl̩/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: re‧mark‧a‧ble
- Rhymes: -ɑː(ɹ)kəbəl
- Worthy of remark; notable.
- Synonyms: eminent, extraordinary, notable, noticeable, observable, outstanding, rare, strange, unusual, wonderful; see also Thesaurus:important, Thesaurus:notable
- Antonym: unremarkable
- Her remarkable skills in mathematics is better than everyone else's in the class.
- 1739, David Hume, Treatise of Human Nature/Book 1: Of the understanding/Part IV:
- There is one argument commonly employ’d for the immateriality of the soul, which seems to me remarkable.
- 2012 May 9, John Percy, “Birmingham City 2 Blackpool 2 (2-3 on agg): match report”, in the Telegraph:
- uncommon; unusual
Derived terms Edit
worthy of being remarked