platoon (plural platoons)
- (military) A unit of thirty to forty soldiers typically commanded by a lieutenant and forming part of a company.
- A group of self-driving vehicles travelling in a close convoy and communicating electronically with each other.
unit of 30-40 soldiers
- (baseball) To alternate starts with a teammate of opposite handedness, depending on the handedness of the opposing pitcher
- Taylor has been hitting poorly against left-handers, and Morgan has been hitting poorly against right-handers, so they will platoon.
- Of self-driving vehicles: to travel in a close convoy, each vehicle communicating electronically with the others.