pellet (plural pellets)
- A small, compressed, hard chunk of matter.
- a pellet of wood, paper, or ore
- A lead projectile used as ammunition in rifled air guns.
- Compressed byproduct of digestion regurgitated by owls. Serves as a waste disposal mechanism for indigestible parts of food, such as fur and bones.
- (heraldry) A roundel sable (black circular spot; also called ogress).
- One of the short conductive tubes in a Pelletron particle accelerator.
- → Catalan: pèl·let
A small, compressed, hard chunk of matter
A lead projectile used as ammunition in rifled air guns
Compressed byproduct of digestion regurgitated by owls
- To form into pellets.
- Synonym: pelletize
- To strike with pellets.
- pellet at OneLook Dictionary Search