- Rhymes: -ɛs
- The act of repressing.
- To press again.
- to repress a vinyl record
- To forcefully prevent an upheaval from developing further.
- to repress sedition or rebellion
- to repress the first risings of discontent.
- Hence, to check; to keep back.
- Desire of wine and all delicious drinks, […] / Thou couldst repress.
- (forcefully preventing an upheaval from developing): to crush out; to quell; to subdue; to suppress
- (to keep back): to restrain; to hold back
forcefully prevent an upheaval from developing