See also: roll back
- A return to a prior state by undoing some operation.
- A withdrawal of military forces.
- (databases) An operation which returns a database, or group of records in a database, to a previous state (normally to the previous commit point).
- The situation where a rollercoaster fails to reach the top of a hill and instead rolls backward.
- (informal, mechanics' jargon) A form of flatbed truck adapted or designed specifically as a tow truck or for transporting other vehicles.
- (US, politics) The policy of totally annihilating an enemy's armed forces and occupying the country, as was done in World War II to Italy, Germany, and Japan.
a return to a prior state
a withdrawal of military forces
(computing) an operation to return the database to the previous commit point
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
- (transitive, computing) Return to the previous state.
- The server is unstable, we need to rollback the changes.