selfie (plural selfies)
- (informal) A photographic self-portrait, especially one taken manually (not using a timer, tripod etc.) with a small camera or mobile phone.
- 2002 September 13, N. "Hopey" Hope, "re: Dissolvable stitches" , ABC Online Forum [selfie photo]:
- 2004 October 21, Brian McGuirk, "bmcguirk's photos." , Flickr:
- Pre. Nice rooftop selfie. […] No Hair. Another nice rooftop selfie.
- 2005, Jim Krause, Photo Idea Index, HOW Books (2005), ISBN 9781581807660, page 148:
- That's not to imply that it's "wrong" for your arm or hand to show up in a selfie.
- 2012 December 27, Andrew Prince, “The Mars Rover Takes A Selfie” , the picture show, National Public Radio
- 2013 December 13, Roberto Schmidt (guest), Brooke Gladstone (interviewer and editor), “The Photographer Behind ‘Selfie-Gate’”, On the Media, National Public Radio:
- Barack Obama was talking to David Cameron and with the Danish Prime Minister, and that’s when she actually reached into her purse and brought out a cell phone and stretched her arms and did a selfie with them.
Usage is very varied, including photos of oneself that are not taken by oneself (not self-portraits), as in “Could you take a selfie of me?” (compare autobiography, which may be written by a ghostwriter), or not only of oneself, as in “This is a selfie of me and my sister.” Many terms for recently popular photo genres have been coined by analogy by suffixing -ie, as in shelfie. A self-portrait of multiple people is sometimes called an ussie, groupie, or selvesie.
- Selfie on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Category:Selfies on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia Commons: Category:Selfies
|Inflection of selfie (Kotus type 3/valtio, no gradation)|
selfie m, f (plural selfies)
selfie f or m (less common) (plural selfies)
- selfie (photographic self-portrait)