- Having tooth-like projections on one side, as in a saw.
- Many click beetles have serrate antennae.
- (botany) (leaves) Having tooth-like projections pointed away from the petiole.
Serrate is used in some scientific communities; for common usage, serrated is typically the more appropriate term.
having a row of sharp or tooth-like projections
- To make serrate.
- To cut or divide in a jagged way.
- 2000, Bill Oddie, Gripping Yarns, page 59:
- I [...] set off to check the other sheltered valleys that serrate the east side of Lundy.
- plural of