speak volumes (third-person singular simple present speaks volumes, present participle speaking volumes, simple past and past participle spoke volumes)
- (idiomatic) To express more than one actually said.
- (usually with about) To extend beyond the immediate topic under discussion.
- (Can we date this quote?), Roy Hollis, Eve
- I waited, anticipating her reply. Her hesitation spoke volumes.
to express more than actually said
- Finnish: kertoa paljon
- Russian: please add this translation if you can