- speciality (British / Commonwealth spelling)
specialty (plural specialties)
- That in which one specializes; a chosen expertise or talent.
- They cook well overall, but their true specialty is pasta.
- Charles Kingsley:
- Men of boundless knowledge, like Humbold, must have had once their specialty, their pet subject.
- (obsolete) particularity
- Specialty of rule hath been neglected.
- A particular or peculiar case.
- An attribute or quality peculiar to a species.
- (law) A contract or obligation under seal; a contract by deed; a writing, under seal, given as security for a debt particularly specified.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Bouvier to this entry?)
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Wharton (Law Dict.) to this entry?)
- Let specialties be therefore drawn between us.
- Joseph Chitty
- […] in a plea to an action of debt on specialty, it is still necessary to show that the debt on which the judgment was recovered was a speciality, or to aver that the judgment was recovered before the defendant had notice of the plaintiff's demand […]
that in which one specializes