strickle (plural strickles)
- A rod used to level grain etc. when being measured, or concrete after pouring
- A tool for sharpening scythes
- An instrument used for smoothing the surface of a core.
- (carpentry, masonry) A templet; a pattern.
- An instrument used in dressing flax.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for strickle in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)