- (General American) IPA(key): /stɹɔŋli/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /stɹɒŋli/
- (Canada, cot–caught merger) IPA(key): /stɹɑŋli/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: strong‧ly
- In a strong or powerful manner.
- In the third race, Renowned Blaze finished strongly to win, paying sixteen dollars.
- Very much.
- His reply was strongly suggestive of a forthcoming challenge to the governor.
- 1898, Winston Churchill, chapter 8, in The Celebrity:
- The humor of my proposition appealed more strongly to Miss Trevor than I had looked for, and from that time forward she became her old self again; for, even after she had conquered her love for the Celebrity, the mortification of having been jilted by him remained.
in a strong or powerful manner