- A fuss made over something.
- Synonyms: ado, bustle, fuss; see also Thesaurus:commotion
- I was embarrassed that they made such a big to-do out of my birthday.
- 2014 October 11, Simon Hattenstone, “Russell Brand: ‘I want to address the alienation and despair’”, in The Guardian:
- Last year, Russell Brand caused another to-do. This time he wasn’t playing nasty jokes on Andrew Sachs, or boasting about the millions of people he’d slept with; he wasn’t calling George Bush a “retard”, or giving a Nazi salute at the GQ awards, or turning up to work dressed as Osama bin Laden […] No, this time he simply made a political statement.
- A task that has been noted as one that must be completed, especially on a list.
- My to-do list has been growing longer every day.
- I have so many to-dos, I don't know where to start.