See also: WHIM
Clipping of .
- A fanciful impulse, or whimsical idea
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Churchill to this entry?)
- Let every man enjoy his whim.
- (mining) A large capstan or vertical drum turned by horse power or steam power, for raising ore or water, etc., from mines, or for other purposes
- (rare, intransitive) To be seized with a whim; to be capricious.
- Picture of a horse-powered whim used to wind the cables on to work the mine between the depth of 50 feet to 500 feet - photo taken at Gympie, Queensland, Australia
whim (plural whims)
- A bird, the Eurasian wigeon.