See also: Warning
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈwɔɹnɪŋ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈwɔːnɪŋ/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɔː(ɹ)nɪŋ
- Hyphenation: warn‧ing
warning (plural warnings)
- The action of the verb warn; an instance of warning someone.
- Something spoken or written that is intended to warn.
- The boss gave him a warning that he would be fired if he did not desist from his behaviour.
instance of warning someone
something spoken or written that is intended to warn
- Used to warn of danger in signs and notices.
warning of danger in signs