ぬ (Hepburn romanization nu)
- The hiragana syllable ぬ (nu), whose equivalent in katakana is ヌ (nu). It is the twenty-third syllable of the gojūon order, and its position in gojūon tables is な行う段 (NA-gyō, U-dan; “row NA, section U”).
ぬ (romaji -nu)
- (after the -ない (-nai) stem of a verb) not, (a verb-negating suffix)
- (archaic) (indicates completion)
- 泣く子と地頭には勝てぬ (なくことじとうにはかてぬ, naku ko to jitō ni wa kate nu); you can't fight city hall, you cannot win against someone who doesn't listen to reason
- For a list of words starting with ぬ (nu) see: Special:Allpages/ぬ