See also: Appendix:Variations of "an"
Jersey Dutch edit
Min Nan edit
|For pronunciation and definitions of ân – see 絚 (“tight; short of money; hard up”).|
(This character, ân, is the Pe̍h-ōe-jī form of 絚.)
Etymology 1 edit
- (Ville Unite):
ân m (plural én)
- Ân sulêṟ.
- Solar year.
- last year
- Ân a so stê in muntâgna, st’ân vég a e’ mêr.
- Last year I've been at the mountain, this year I go to the sea.
Etymology 2 edit
- used to answer a question
- Yes, I'm here, say what you want!
- used to answer a proposal
- Could you repeat, please?
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.|