to decorate; to embellish; to repair; to build; to study; to write; to cultivate
to go; to do; capable; all right; competent; OK; okay; to travel; temporary; to walk; will do; behavior; conduct; a row; profession; professional
|simp. and trad.
- to cultivate one's spiritual virtues; to train oneself; to work at self-improvement
- (religion) to practise Buddhism or Taoism; specifically, a sadhana of either one
|Kanji in this term|
- Kibishii shugyō ni hagenda.
- We were training hard.
- (Buddhism) sadhana; ascetic practices
- 2002, Ineko Kondō; Fumi Takano; Mary E Althaus; et. al., Shogakukan Progressive Japanese-English Dictionary, Third Edition, Tokyo: Shōgakukan, →ISBN.