(Redirected from -armed)
- (sometimes in combination) Equipped, especially with a weapon.
- (of a weapon) Prepared for use; loaded.
- (obsolete) Furnished with whatever serves to add strength, force, or efficiency.
- (botany) Having prickles or thorns.
equipped, especially with a weapon
prepared for use
- simple past tense and past participle of
armed (not comparable)
- (chiefly in combination) Having an arm or arms, often of a specified number or type.
- (of a creature) Possessing arms of a specified number or type.
- the four-armed creature.
- the strong-armed man.
- (heraldry, of horns, teeth, beaks, etc.) Coloured in a different tincture from the beast or bird itself.