Asian (plural Asians)
- A person from the continent of Asia.
- A person with Asian ancestry.
- (US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand) A person from or with ancestry in Northeast or Southeast Asia.
- (UK, Ireland, South Africa) A person from or with ancestry in South Asia.
- 1987 May, Paul Oliver, “Movie Mahal: Indian cinema on ITV Channel 4”, in Popular Music, →DOI, page 215:
- If radio and television programmes are anything to go by, Asians in Britain get up early on a Sunday.
- 2013, Malala Yousafzai, I Am Malala:
- Were there Taliban beheading people? I didn't tell my parents, but I flinched if an Asian-looking man came close.
- A domestic cat of a breed similar to the Burmese.
- See Thesaurus:Asian
- (person from Asia): Oriental, Asiatic
- (person from east Asia): East Asian, Oriental, Oriental Asian, Chinese (loosely)
- (person from the Indian subcontinent): South Asian, Desi, Asian Indian, East Indian, Indian (loosely), Pakistani (loosely)
person from Asia
person from or descended from people from the Indian sub-continent
person from or descended from people from east Asia
Asian (not comparable)
- Of, relating to or from Asia.
- 2015 June 4, Rupert Wingfield-Hayes, “The beauty contest winner making Japan look at itself”, in BBC:
- There are white, black, Asian and Chinese Britons
Expressions: animal species
Expressions: other terms
Expressions from compound words with “Asia”
of, relating to or from Asia