- (aviation, travel) Initialism of Change Segment Status. (a GDS code used on older types of airline keyboards)
- (historical, nautical, military) Initialism of Confederate States Ship. (The designation for a commissioned warship operated by the Confederate States Navy)
- (media, DVD) Initialism of Content Scramble System.
- (medicine) Initialism of Churg-Strauss syndrome.
- (military, rocketry) NATO prefix-code for Chinese surface-to-surface missile systems developed by the People's Republic of China
- (nautical) Initialism of Canadian Survey Ship. (The designation for a survey ship operated by the Canadian Hydrographic Service)
- (Web design) Initialism of Cascading Style Sheets.
- (sports) Initialism of Critical Swim Speed.
- ^ The Encyclopaedia of Sports Medicine: An IOC Medical Commission Publication, Endurance in Sport, John Wiley & Sons, 2008-04-30, ISBN 9780470694824: “During recent years a variety of non-invasive tests have been suggested. One of the most interesting is the method of critical swim speed (CSS), described by Wakayoshi et al. (1992)”