- Obsolete form of .
- 1889, Jules Verne, Virginia Champlin, transl., The Adventures of a Chinaman in China, Lee and Shepard, page 16:
- His father, Tchoung-Heou, was living at Pekin when he was born ; and he was six years old when the former settled at Shang-hai.
- Little detailed information is available on the series of violent shocks which occurred in Hopeh province, north-eastern China, in March 1966. The earthquake of 7 March (No. 184), whose epicentre was located in the region of Hsing-t'ai, about 400 km south-west of Pekin, probably caused extensive damage since the magnitude was 7 and the focus shallow. The New China agency reported 'various degrees of damage' in about thirty communes. The shock of 22 March (No. 185) was even more violent; its epicentre was near that of the previous shock, and it was felt over a wide area, including Pekin, 300 km away.
- A city, the county seat of Tazewell County, Illinois.
- A hamlet in New York.
- A city and village in North Dakota.
- A type of patterned silk.
Pekin m inan
declension of Pekin
- Pekin in Polish dictionaries at PWN