Wiktionary:Translation requests archive/2010
Please will somebody translate "Forever in my heart" to Armenian pleaseeee thanks
How to say 'To live in hearts you leave behind is not to die' in Scottish-Gaelic?
sanskrit symbols for namesEdit
i need the name zach translated to sanskrit symbols
English to armenianEdit
Can someone please translate 'FAR MORE' into Armenian.Thank you.
In heart in mind they will live foreverEdit
In heart in mind they will live forever [sa puso at damdamin sila ay mananatili kailanman!) (Tagalog)
I need the phrase "I Love the Ocean" translated into Hawaiin.. Can anyone help?
- Aloha wau i ka moana. If you prefer, you can replace "wau" with "au". Kal (talk) 04:33, 10 January 2010 (UTC)
What is the translation for "Be Brave" in latin???
translate THANK YOU VERY MUCH AND I WILL MISS YOU in latin
i wonder if someone can translate "my life" into khmer text in other words how a cambodian would write it
From a deleted articleEdit
I do not remember who wrote this, but this has been the first one I remembered most to teach my children.
Hope some one will give more info. and necessary corrections. Thanks! " ఒకచో నేలను పవ్వలించు ఒకచో నొప్పారు పూసజ్జపై ఒకచో శాకములారగించు నోక్కోక్కతరిన్ నుత్క్రుష్ట శాల్యోదనంబు ఒకచో బొంతలు ధరించు నొకచో యోగ్యంబర శ్రేణి లెక్కకు రానీడు కార్యసాధకుండు కష్టముల్ సుఖముల్ మదిన్! "
English phrase to Cambodian (Khmer)Edit
Hi, If anyone can help me out by translating the below phrase from English to Cambodian (Khmer)it would be very much appreciated!!!!!!
REMEMBER TO NEVER FORGET
does anyone know how to translate samantha to russian?
- It is Саманта. —Stephen 08:59, 20 January 2010 (UTC)
Hi, please translate the name "Steve" into Hawaiian please
- My best guess for Steve in Hawaiian is Kīpū. —Stephen 22:06, 12 February 2010 (UTC)
i would like to know how the translation of "happy first anniversary sogopro!" in hawaiian thank you
Please translate this phrase to latin from englishEdit
More than my own life
please translate into aramaicEdit
J W N
john william naughton
Strength and Protection
Japanese to EnglishEdit
Please translate from Japanese to English.
--Daniel. 04:43, 26 January 2010 (UTC)
- It seems like a machine-translated sentence and isn't quite grammatical. My best guess is: "If given wings, if given a sword, I would fly and fight for you even if the entire earth sank under the water."
English to Khmer script please.Edit
(1) 'Anger is damage, Anger is waste.' -- (In Khmer) Khoeng koch, khoeng khat. (2) 'And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.' (3) 'GIVE HIM STRENGTH WHEN HE IS WEAK, PICK HIM UP WHEN HE IS DOWN, SHOW HIM THE WAY WHEN HE IS LOST, COMFORT HIM WHEN HE IS AFRAID, AND BE HIS LIGHT WHEN ALL ELSE TURNS DARK.'
I would love the khmer script for these. Please & Thank you.
No regrets in latinEdit
I'd like to get a tattoo in Latin that says "no regrets"
I'd like the word "strength" translated in Khmer please.
Shadow Women in minnesota ojibweEdit
can you give me the correct translation for this
- jiibay-ikwewag. —Stephen 23:47, 29 January 2010 (UTC)
from english to Maori pleaseEdit
hello how are you i hope all is well and you and your family are great
English to ArabicEdit
I am trying to find the meaning of my name, but all I am getting is a biography of my name. I want to know the what Tammy means. How do I find this out?? I am new to this page. Thank you, Tammy L Smith
- It’s a pet form of Tamara, from Hebrew תמר (tāmār, “date palm”). —Stephen 18:33, 5 February 2010 (UTC)
I need this phrase translated from english to hawaiianEdit
"I have found the one whom my soul loves" translated from english to hawaiian
please write love in as many languages possible-thank you
English to LatinEdit
I need "Eternally Your" translated to Latin. Thanks
Translation: English to CelticEdit
Translate "let love and friendship reign forever" from english into celtic.
Translation into ancient AramaïcEdit
I've been looking for quite a while for an accurate translation into ancient Aramaic of the following sentence: "Every second passing by is another chance to change your life"
Kind regards in advance! Annelies
From English to SpanishEdit
How would I translate "you and no other" into Spanish? Thank you
- Assuming you want the nominative, or subject form, it would be tú y no otro (if "you" is a man) or tú y no otra (if "you" is a woman). —Stephen 21:17, 10 February 2010 (UTC)
Please will somebody write "forever in my heart" in Armenian, thank you
English to Armenian
I want to get a tattoo saying " Forever in my heart " in Armenian if anyone can help me? Thanks
need translated into hawaiianEdit
forever and ever and ten years more
Am looking for "always love" translated into armenian!
- But if you meant imperative, always love!, then it's միշտ սիրի՛ր (mišt sirir!) or մշտապես սիրի՛ր (mštapes sirir!)
I would like to get a tattoo in memory that i served in Operation Enduring Freedom In Afghanistan in 09-10 and i want my name "Michael Hegler" translated in Dari please.
- مایکل هگلر is how I would write it. You can copy it into notepad and change the font to any other Persian/Dari font that you prefer. If you like, you can add vowel diacritics: مَایکل هِگلِر. —Stephen 07:46, 15 February 2010 (UTC)
English To KhmerEdit
I am looking for the english phrase "what makes you different makes you beautiful" translated into the Cambodian language Khmer.
My name in hangulEdit
hello, I need help. Can anybody write my name in Hangul and tell me how to pronounce it as well? My name is Oilong, It pronounce like Oil-long... Thanks you!!
- If you pronounce it as /ɔɪɫlɔŋ/, then 어일렁 (/ɔilrɔŋ/). Bendono 11:53, 16 February 2010 (UTC)
- Not 100% familiar with Korean phonology and the reading rules but when two ㄹ follow each other, doesn't it become /ll/? Yes, it also be romanised as Oillong or Oil-long, otherwise (if one ㄹ were used), it would be Oirong. --Anatoli 00:29, 18 February 2010 (UTC)
confucius quote translated to japanese writingEdit
everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it
- 全てのものは美しいが、全ての人にそれが見えるわけではない。 —Stephen 23:55, 17 February 2010 (UTC)
Chinese to EnglishEdit
Double check my Khmer please!Edit
My Khmer is not what it use to be and I would like to make sure I have it correct.
I also wanted to make sure that this is "peace" សន្តិភាព
- Seems right to me. គ្មានសេចក្តីខ្លាច is "not have fear", which is the same as without fear, I think. —Stephen 18:39, 19 February 2010 (UTC)
Sorry! one more Khmer thingEdit
So if I wanted to say "fear is the mind-killer" it would be: សេចក្តីខ្លាចគឺ Then what?
want english into urdu
so aramaic to english, and how to write themEdit
simply put, fuck off or if that doesn't translate literally, any insult like that. thanks .
In My Prayers
life in ArabicEdit
How do you say "life" in Arabic?—This comment was unsigned.
live, love, believe translate to sankript
born to love and be loved
Journey into ArabicEdit
I'd like to translate "prepare for the journey" into Arabic please.
The idea of journey is not simply "trip". I's like to capture the idea of a journey of discovery, learning which ends in some form of success, enlightenment.
Your help gratefully received!
- تعد نفسك للرحلة ... I don’t know if there is a better way to described what you are trying to say. Perhaps تعد نفسك لرحلة الاكتشاف —Stephen 02:18, 1 March 2010 (UTC)
English To SpanishEdit
I Want To Know What "Home Is Where The Heart Is" Translated Into Spanish Is
- El hogar es donde está el corazón. —Stephen 02:02, 1 March 2010 (UTC)
english to spanishEdit
you have taken my heart with you.
- Has llevado contigo mi corazón. —Stephen 02:22, 1 March 2010 (UTC)
Chinese and Vietnamese?Edit
What is the exact translation for "Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it- Confucious" in Vietnamese and Chinese? (authentic please! and thank you )
- I have seen:
- Simplified: 孔子：诸事有其好的一面，但不是人人都能看到。
- Traditional: 孔子：諸事有其好的一面，但不是人人都能看到。 —Stephen 08:25, 1 March 2010 (UTC)
Hi was wondering if anyone can help me out...im looking to get my first tattoo in script running down my spine. I want to get "Treat mistakes as lessons, not regrets." i would like it in a symbolic text so it looks good running vertically, along the lines of sanskrit, burmese etc..am open for suggestions! also having alot of trouble finding translations...any help would be really appreciated! thanks :)
- There aren’t many scripts that would look right in a vertical orientation. Burmese and Sanskrit, like most scripts, have to be horizontal, so you’d have to turn them on their side to use them. There are some scripts from the region of Mongolia, such as the Mongolian vertical script, that are written from top to bottom, but you are not likely to ever find a translation, and they require unusual fonts and applications. The only readily obtainable languages that I can think of that can run vertically are Chinese and Japanese. —Stephen 10:40, 1 March 2010 (UTC)
From Gaelic to English, please.
"Pog mo thoin" "Slainte" "Go n-ithe an cat thu is go n-ithe an diabal an cat"
From Gaelic to English please translateEdit
"slainte" "pog mo thoin" Go n-ithe an cat thu is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat"
i will name my next child learning team d.
English to ArabicEdit
Hi, I'm trying to say "Boss, the rest are dead" in Romanized Arabic
"the rest" refers to other men.
German? to EnglishEdit
Is this a conversation? A joke? I'd like it translated, please.
Wenn ist das Nunstrück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!
--Daniel. 06:01, 10 March 2010 (UTC)
- It is nonsense: "If is the nunstruck git and Slotemeyer? Yes! Beiherhund the or the flipperwaldt gersput!" —Stephen 03:28, 11 March 2010 (UTC)
plese give me an article THE TIGERS TREASURE YAMASHITA in tagalog version,
translate "without respect you have nothing" into celtic thankss email me at email@example.com <3 alicia
Can you please translate below saying in Hebrew: (not the words, but the symbols)
I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine (Male to Female)
I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine (Female to Male)
English to Khmer or Ganthra Script for tattoo....Edit
1st line: Aquarius Sun-Eccentric Independent Free-Spirit
2nd line: Aries Moon- Fiery passionate forceful seducer
3rd line: Taurus Rising-Stubborn Intense sensual artist
4th line: Horse-Rebellious, sharp witted visionary
5th line: "A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages."
latin oath into englishEdit
Could someone please directly translate this latin quote for me? "Omnium primum avidum novae libertatis populum, ne postmodum flecti precibus aut donis regiis posset, jurejurando adegit, neminem Romae passuros regnare. Compulit ad decernendum addito juramento, fore ut non permitterent quenquam in posterum Romae regem esse." Thank you
English to AramaicEdit
I am looking to translate "In God I trust" into Aramaic. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Please HELP- English to HawaiianEdit
How do you say Follow your Heart in Hawaiian?
I would like to know how to say "your gay" in Scottish Gaelic
hey girls im so bored i want it to be translated into hawaiian
Translate to Khmer Script please? Id really appreciate itEdit
It's about you and the sun A morning run The story of my maker What i have and what i ache for
Translate into Khmer script:Edit
- I would like to try to help you, but I don’t understand this. Do you want the initials L. Y. or the sound LAI, or is it a name which is pronounced how? —Stephen 05:41, 1 April 2010 (UTC)
it's a last name, which is pronounced as "lee"
- Okay, then: លី —Stephen 00:35, 2 April 2010 (UTC)
thank you :)