- accomplisht (obsolete)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ə.ˈkɑm.plɪʃt/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ə.ˈkɒm.plɪʃt/
Audio (US) (file)
- Completed; effected; established.
- an accomplished fact
- Having many accomplishments, often as a result of study or training.
- an accomplished scholar, an accomplished villain
- (Can we date this quote?) Holland
- They . . . show themselves accomplished bees.
- (Can we date this quote?) John Milton
- Daughter of God and man, accomplished Eve.
1967, Josiah Hazen Shinn, Pioneers and Makers of Arkansas, ISBN 0806303115, page 335:
- When Margaret Frances Desha returned to Batesville, the most accomplished woman of the town, she was wooed and won by William French Denton, a distinguished lawyer of Batesville, and a gift of Tennessee to Arkansas growth.
- Showing skill and artistry.
- an accomplished first novel
having many accomplishments
- simple past tense and past participle of