- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɑːkaɪv/
Audio (RP) (file)
- (General American) enPR: är'kīv', IPA(key): /ˈɑɹkaɪv/
Audio (GA) (file)
- Hyphenation: ar‧chive
archive (plural archives)
- A place for storing earlier, and often historical, material. An archive usually contains documents (letters, records, newspapers, etc.) or other types of media kept for historical interest.
- The material so kept, considered as a whole (compare archives).
- His archive of Old High German texts is the most extensive in Britain.
- (ecology) Natural deposits of material, regarded as a record of environmental changes over time.
- soil archive peat archive
place for storing earlier material
- (transitive) To put (something) into an archive.
- Synonym: archivize
- I was planning on archiving the documents from 2001.
- archival (noun)
archive f (plural archives)
- inflection of :
- “archive”, in Trésor de la langue française informatisé [Digitized Treasury of the French Language], 2012.