A trail of hyperlinks, displayed as a guide to make navigating easier.
bread + crumb
breadcrumb (plural breadcrumbs)
- (chiefly in the plural) A tiny piece of bread, either one that falls from bread as it is cut or eaten, or one made deliberately by crumbling bread.
- (Internet) singular of breadcrumbs
- (tiny piece of bread): crumb
Terms derived from breadcrumb
tiny piece of bread
- Cantonese: 麵包屑, 面包屑 (min6 baau1 sit3), 麵包糠, 面包糠 (min6 baau1 hong1) (dried)
- Mandarin: 麵包屑 (zh), 面包屑 (zh) (miànbāoxiè), 麵包糠, 面包糠 (miànbāokāng) (dried)
- Czech: strouhanka (cs) f
- Esperanto: panero
- Finnish: leivänmuru (fi) (fallen from bread), korppujauho (fi) (deliberately made)
- French: miette (fr) f; panure (fr) f;
- German: Brotkrümel f, Brotkrume (de) f
- Greek: ψίχα (el) f (psícha), τρίμμα (el) n (trímma), ψίχουλο (el) n (psíchoulo)
- Hebrew: פירור m (pirur)
- Hungarian: kenyérmorzsa (hu), prézli (hu)
- Icelandic: brauðmylsna f
- Italian: briciola (it) f
breadcrumb (third-person singular simple present breadcrumbs, present participle breadcrumbing, simple past and past participle breadcrumbed)
- (transitive, cooking) To sprinkle breadcrumbs on to food, normally before cooking.