cooking (not comparable)
- (informal) In progress, happening.
- The project took a few days to gain momentum, but by the end of the week, things were really cooking.
- The process of preparing food by using heat.
- (by extension) The process of preparing food.
- (by extension) The result of that process, a meal.
- I missed my mum's cooking while I was at university.
- The style or genre of food preparation; cookery.
(style or genre of food preparation): cuisine
the process of preparing food by using heat
the style or genre of food preparation; cookery
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.