colony (plural colonies)
- Governmental unit created on land of another country owned by colonists from a country
- A settlement of emigrants who move to a new place, but remain culturally tied to their place of origin
- Region or governmental unit created by another country and generally ruled by another country.
- Bermuda is a crown colony of Great Britain.
- (India) An apartment complex.
- Our colony is quite small, but each apartment is large.
- A group of people with the same interests or ethnic origin concentrated in a particular geographic area
- The Amana Colonies in Iowa were settled by people from Germany.
- A group of organisms of same or different species living together in close association.
- ant colony
- a colony of specialized polyps and medusoids
- A collective noun for rabbits.
region or governmental unit
group of organisms