- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /kənˈsɪst(ə)nsi/
- (General American) IPA(key): /kənˈsɪstənsi/
Audio (US) (file)
- Local coherence.
- Correspondence or compatibility.
- Reliability or uniformity; the quality of being consistent.
- That consistency of behaviour whereby he inflexibly pursues those measures which appear the most just.
- They want to achieve a high degree of consistency in their process and their product.
- The degree of viscosity of something.
- Mix it until it has the consistency of a thick paste.
- (logic) Freedom from contradiction; the state of a system of axioms such that none of the propositions deduced from them are mutually contradictory.
- (obsolete) Firmness of constitution or character; substantiality; durability; persistency.
- His friendship is of a noble make and a lasting consistency.
reliability or uniformity; the quality of being consistent
degree of viscosity of something