- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkɔːnfiːld/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈkɔɹnˌfild/
- Hyphenation: corn‧field
cornfield (plural cornfields)
- A field of corn, wheat or other cereal crop
- 1900, L. Frank Baum, chapter 23, in The Wonderful Wizard of Oz:
- "Your Silver Shoes will carry you over the desert," replied Glinda. "If you had known their power you could have gone back to your Aunt Em the very first day you came to this country."
- "But then I should not have had my wonderful brains!" cried the Scarecrow. "I might have passed my whole life in the farmer's cornfield."
a field of corn