See also: Countryman
countryman (plural countrymen)
- Somebody from a certain country.
- Somebody from one's own country; a fellow countryman; compatriot.
- 2014 June 22, John Oliver, “Dr. Oz and Nutritional Supplements”, in Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, season 1, episode 8, written by Tim Carvell; Josh Gondelman; Dan Gurewitch; Jeff Maurer; Ben Silva; Will Tracy; Jill Twiss; Seena Vali; Julie Weiner, HBO, Warner Bros. Television:
- You don’t need to wait. Here, there she is. There, there she is right now, embodying the harsh irony that is her existence, because at that moment next week, she will be a queen with fake power visiting a fake kingdom which arguably has more impact on the lives of her countrymen than she does.
- country dweller, especially a follower of country pursuits
- (Ireland, traveller) a settled person, as opposed to a traveller
somebody from a certain country
somebody from one's own country