dregs pl (plural only)
- (collectively) The sediment settled at the bottom of a liquid; the lees in a container of unfiltered wine.
- (figuratively, the dregs) The worst and lowest part of something.
- the dregs of society
- The singular form dreg is far less common, but the phrase to the last dreg still has currency.
- debris, deposit, draff, dross, exuviate, feculence, grounds, grouts, lees, loser, orts, outcast, rabble, refuse, residue, residuum, riffraff, rubbish, scum, sediment, settling, trash, trub
the worst and lowest
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.