See also: face-plant
Originally skateboarding and snowboarding slang, a humorous variant of handplant, which is an intentional technique in these sports.
faceplant (plural faceplants)
- (informal) The act of landing face first, as a result of an accident or error.
- The skater slipped off his board and did a painful faceplant.
- (video games) Death or defeat in a multiplayer online game.
- A wrestling move in which an attacking wrestler forces his/her opponent down to the mat face-first without a headlock or facelock.
act of landing face first
video games: death or defeat in multiplayer games
- (informal) To land face first.
- (informal) To completely fumble or fail an activity, usually in a spectacular fashion.
to land face first