- Covered with filth; very dirty.
- Obscene or offensive.
- 1987, Michael Grumley, Final Diary:
- Filthy smirking Pat Robertson has come in second in the Iowa Republican caucuses.
- Very unpleasant or disagreeable.
covered with filth; very dirty
obscene or offensive
- (transitive) To make very dirty; to cover in filth.
- 2007, Tom Bissell, Chasing the Sea: Lost Among the Ghosts of Empire in Central Asia:
- In the years following World War Two, Americans cut down vast forests, built thousands of factories, assembled millions of atmospherically toxic automobiles, and filthied the water throughout North America.
- 2009, Jeffery Deaver, Hell's Kitchen
- He shouldered his way inside, filthying his T-shirt on the charred wood.