Last modified on 27 November 2013, at 19:47
grimy (comparative grimier, superlative grimiest)
- Stained, or covered with grime.
- 1898, Winston Churchill, chapter 5, The Celebrity:
- Then came a maid with hand-bag and shawls, and after her a tall young lady. She stood for a moment holding her skirt above the grimy steps, […] , and the light of the reflector fell full upon her.
- This word needs a definition. Please help out and add a definition, then remove the text
- 2009 November 27, “Jimi Hendrix's Voodoo Child has 'best guitar riff'”, BBC:
- Riffs from older songs seem to be more popular, as only two from the past decade made it into the top 20. They were Muse's Plug In Baby, at 11, and The White Stripes' grimy Seven Nation Army at 15.