- A current-limiting feature in power supplies and amplifiers.
- The use of rear-facing heavy-duty loudspeakers on stage during live music performances.
- (genetics) A denatured (single-strand) DNA molecule that has formed base pair bonds with itself.
- (genetics) A chromosome that contains sequences which support foldback; A DNA molecule with a base sequence or sequences that are repeated in reverse order.
- (gaming) A portion of a storyline that branches based on user choices but where all branches eventually reconverge to a single inevitable event.
- (social sciences) A multimethod research approach that includes open-ended interviewing, nominal group dialogue, survey and attitude scaling techniques, and multidimensional and cluster analyses.
- An overturned flap.