- Of a person, having a lot of hair on the body.
- a hairy man
- Of an animal, having a lot of fur.
- hairy mammoth
- Of a body part other than the head, having hair growing from it.
- She is a great admirer of hairy chests.
- Difficult, complex, intricate, or intimidating.
- It’s a hairy problem, and will probably take several weeks to sort out.
of a person
of an animal
of a body part other than the head
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.