See also: Hearts
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /hɑːts/
- (General American) IPA(key): /hɑɹts/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɑː(ɹ)ts
- plural of
- (uncountable) One of the four suits of playing cards, in red, marked with the symbol ♥.
- (card games, uncountable) A trick-taking card game in which players are penalized for taking hearts and (especially) the queen of spades.
Derived terms edit
Related terms edit
plural of "heart" — see heart
the card suit (♥)
trick-taking card game
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
See also edit
|Suits in English · suits (see also: cards, playing cards) (layout · text)|