- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈkəʊʃə/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈkoʊʃəɹ/
- (rare, Yiddish-influenced) IPA(key): /ˈkɔʃə(ɹ)/, /ˈkɑʃə(ɹ)/
- Rhymes: -əʊʃə(ɹ)
- (Judaism, of food) Prepared in accordance with Jewish religious practices.
- Well, if I had known it was a kosher deli, I certainly would not have ordered a ham and cheese on rye.
- (figuratively, by extension) In accordance with standards or usual practice.
- Is what I have done kosher with Mr. Smith?
of food, prepared in accordance with Jewish religious practices
figuratively, normal or standard
- (transitive) To kasher; to prepare (e.g. meat) in conformity with the requirements of the Jewish law.
make kosher — see kasher
kosher (plural kosher, comparable)
- (of food) kosher (prepared in accordance with Jewish religious practices)