- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈlɔːn.dɹi/
- (some accents) IPA(key): /ˈlɑːn.dɹi/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈlɔn.dɹi/
- (cot–caught merger, northern cities vowel shift) IPA(key): /ˈlɑn.dɹi/
Audio (US cot-caught merged) (file)
laundry (plural laundries)
- A laundering; a washing.
- A place or room where laundering is done - including, by extension, other forms of laundering than clothes washing.
- That which needs to be, is being, or has been laundered.
- You've left your dirty laundry all over the house.
Terms derived from laundry
place or room where laundering is done
that which needs to be laundered
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Read in another language
This page is available in 29 languages