- (intransitive, construed with on) To go to law; to carry on a lawsuit.
- 1988, Bobby McFerrin (lyrics), “Don't Worry, Be Happy”, in Simple Pleasures, performed by Bobby McFerrin:
- Ain't got no place to lay your head / Somebody came and took your bed / Don't worry, be happy / The landlord say your rent is late / He may have to litigate
- (transitive) To contest in law.
to go to law
litigate f pl
- plural of
- second-person plural present of
- second-person plural present subjunctive of
- second-person plural imperative of