big; great; huge
big; great; huge; large; major; wide; deep; oldest; eldest; doctor
hold up; on the whole; push against
hold up; on the whole; push against; to support; to resist; to reach; to arrive; mortgage
- for the most part; on the whole
- 《詩》三百篇，大抵賢聖發憤之所爲作也。 [Classical Chinese, trad.]
- From: Sima Qian, Letter to Ren An. 1st century B.C.E.. Based on the translation by Burton Watson.
- “Shī” sānbǎi piān, dàdǐ xiánshèng fāfèn zhī suǒ wéizuò yě. [Pinyin]
- The three hundred poems of the Book of Odes, for the most part, were written when the sages poured out their anger and dissatisfaction.
《诗》三百篇，大抵贤圣发愤之所为作也。 [Classical Chinese, simp.]
- basically; generally
- more or less; roughly; approximately
- (for the most part):
- (more or less):
Synonyms of 大抵
|Kanji in this term|
|For pronunciation and definitions of 大抵 – see the following entry.|
|(This term, 大抵, is an alternative spelling of the above term.)|
The term is mainly written in hiragana (たいてい) and the kanji spelling is rarely encountered.
|Hanja in this term|