- (North Central Vietnam) chỗ
From Proto-Vietic *ʄoh.
- to pull out something that's planted firmly into a surface, such as a tooth, a hair, a feather, a blade of grass, etc.
- nhổ răng/tóc bạc/cỏ ― to pull out a tooth/a gray hair/weed
- 1957, Đoàn Giỏi, chapter 17, in Đất rừng phương Nam, Kim Đồng:
- Thằng bé kéo tay tôi, bảo nhỏ. – Nhổ lông chim mướn đấy. […]
- The boy pulled my hand and said quietly, "They are searching for someone to pluck feathers there. […]"
- (to pull out something firmly planted into a surface): nhể