- An activity or task with which one occupies oneself; usually specifically the productive activity, service, trade, or craft for which one is regularly paid; a job.
- The act, process or state of possessing a place.
- The control of a country or region by a hostile army.
- 2012 April 23, Angelique Chrisafis, “François Hollande on top but far right scores record result in French election”, in the Guardian:
- The lawyer and twice-divorced mother of three had presented herself as the modern face of her party, trying to strip it of unsavoury overtones after her father's convictions for saying the Nazi occupation of France was not "particularly inhumane".
activity or task with which one occupies oneself
act, process or state of possessing a place
control of a country or region by a hostile army
occupation f (plural occupations)
- occupation (the occupying of a territory; something that one spends one's time on, such as a job or a hobby; act of occupying, of being an occupant)