- (intransitive) I am struck with fear, I am afraid or terrified; tremble or quake with fear.
- (transitive) I fear, dread or am terrified by.
- This verb has only limited passive conjugation; only third-person passive forms are attested in surviving sources.
1At least one rare poetic syncopated perfect form is attested.
- paveo in Charlton T. Lewis and Charles Short (1879) A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press
- paveo in Charlton T. Lewis (1891) An Elementary Latin Dictionary, New York: Harper & Brothers
- paveo in Gaffiot, Félix (1934) Dictionnaire Illustré Latin-Français [Illustrated Latin-French Dictionary], Hachette