- (not comparable) Of or intended for those who are walking.
- pedestrian crossing
- pedestrian zone
- (comparable, figuratively) Ordinary, dull; everyday; unexceptional.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:common
- His manner of dress was pedestrian but tidy.
- a pedestrian life
- 2016 June 11, Phil McNulty, “England 1-1 Russia”, in BBC Sport:
- England were hugely impressive in the first half in particular, when their supporters inside this magnificent bowl at Stade Velodrome roared their approval as Russia were pressed into submission and made to look pedestrian.
- (dance) Pertaining to ordinary, everyday movements incorporated in postmodern dance.
- The choreographer prefers pedestrian movements.
of or intended for pedestrians
pedestrian (plural pedestrians)
- A walker; one who walks or goes on foot, especially as opposed to one who uses a vehicle.
- (dated) Specifically, an expert or professional walker or runner; one who performs feats of walking or running.
- footman (archaic)
somebody walking rather than using a vehicle